so i was pretty happy when i made this last night, and found it so delicious that i'd be happy to eat a whole lot of it, and even happier when both sj and arty also enjoyed it immensely.
400g grated zucchini
1 cup self raising flour
1 large onion finely chopped
3 rashers of bacon, chopped
2 cups of grated tasty cheese
tbsp olive oil
- preheat oven to 170 degrees celsius
- heat a medium frying pan, and add olive oil
- fry the bacon in olive oil until it begins to brown, then add the onions, and continue to fry until they begin to turn translucent
- set onions and bacon aside to cool off a little
- whisk the eggs in a large mixing bowl
- sift in the flour, and whisk to combine
- add the zucchini, bacon, onions, and 1 cup of cheese, then stir til thoroughly combined
- line a small lasagne dish with greaseproof paper, then carefully pour mixture in, and sprinkle remaining cheese evenly over the top
- bake in oven until the cheese has browned, and the middle no longer wobbles when shaken (approx 35 mins)
we had this with salad for dinner last night, and then arty had some cold for lunch today too. yum!
if you wanted to make this vegetarian, you could sub out the bacon, and add sweet corn kernels instead.