this is fruiby's bag (which is special, and you can read about it here).
- 6 onesies (mostly 000, with one 0000 just in case)
- 6 singlets
- 1 tee shirt and pair of pants (not because they're necessary, just because we love the outfit)
- 6 wraps (5 muslin, 1 cotton)
- 1 hand knitted blanket
- 3 pairs of booties
- 3 pairs of socks
- 3 pairs of don't-scratch-your-face-off-you-silly-baby mittens
- 3 little hats
- 2 hand-knitted cardigans
- 4 burp-cloths
- toiletries for his first baths (the hospital provides these, but we wanted to bring our own organic ones)
my bag contains:
- two pairs of loose fitting lounge pants
- two pairs of loose fitting pj bottoms
- 6 nursing tops (singlets and tee shirts)
- 3 cardigans to wear over nursing singlets
- 1 nightie
- slippers for shuffling around the ward in
- 6 pairs of enormous nanna undies (the kind that won't cut into my caesarian wound)
- 1 packet of disposable breast pads (i have reusable cloth ones for when we get home, but this isn't practical in hospital)
- 3 packets maternity pads (again, i'll go back to cloth when we get home)
- 4 maternity bras
- boomerang pillow for nursing
- eye-mask for potential day-naps (if fruiby lets us!)
- my own pillow and quilt for comfort
- laptop (the hospital has wireless, and i'll want to check in with the internet when i feel up to it)
i'm feeling calm. i am excited, but not in an ansty, bouncy way, just in a positive, happy way.
i'm not feeling worried or frightened at all.
i feel confident in the skill and experience of the doctors and nurses who will be looking after us, and i feel comforted by the fact that i understand what is going to happen to my body.
more than anything i feel so very ready to meet this little boy!